DOVIA is recognized around the world as a professional volunteer management organization, with the local Mississippi Valley DOVIA chapter covering Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois.
The mission of DOVIA is to enhance the development and growth of volunteer program administrators through communication, education, networking, and to promote volunteerism in the Quad Cities.
- Develop goals and professional skills of those who direct volunteers through educational training.
- Secure increased public interest, awareness, and participation in volunteerism.
- Promote and maintain a professional association among those who work within the volunteer field.
- Promote communication between agencies, interested organizations, institutions, the general public, and DOVIA.
- Bi-Monthly Program Meetings
- Professional Development Workshops
- Networking Opportunities
- Volunteer Resources
- Skill Enhancement
- Management Skills
- Leadership Opportunities on the MVDOVIA Board
Who are DOVIA members?
- Community Organizations
- Educational Organizations
- Health Organizations
- Human Service Organizations
- Religious Organizations
- Retirement Facilities
- Senior Citizen Programs
- Youth Service Organizations